The 2H34-S Series relay is a frequency monitoring relay with four stages of adjustable frequency pick up & drop out points. Each frequency set point can be set for under or over frequency operation & has an independent time delay driving an output relay. An undervoltage lockout is used to disable the four frequency outputs when the voltage falls below a preset level. Each of the four setting stages has a rate of change of frequency (ROCOF) element with an independent time delay.
The dF/dt element is available to operate as an AND or an OR logic function with the frequency element driving a common output contact per stage. A separate Under Voltage & Over Voltage stage are provided for alarm functions.
The 2H34-S relay is built on the Micro MATRIX-S digital platform. The standard Micro MATRIX human machine interface (HMI) is combined with fully solid state frequency sensing & measuring circuitry to provide high accuracy, simple set up & flexible operation. Self-monitoring is carried out by hardware & software watchdogs. A USB programming port is provided for ease of establishing relay settings using a PC.
Changes introduced on the 2H34-S
- Case length reduced by 18mm to suit 4M56-S case;
- LED backlighting to reduce EMC emissions – contrast adjustment no longer required;
- Front panel USB programming port to increase data transfer speed and improve compatibility with notebook PC’s;
- Network communications port is now optional to maintain low cost of base model;
- Network communication port maintained the optically isolated RS485 serial port but the RS232 configuration option has been deleted;
- New current and voltage channels to improve measurement stability;
- New status input option covering 18-275V AC and 300V DC range;
- Updated switchmode power supply to reduce EMC emissions and improve transient overload protection;
- Surface mount production technology to allow increased component density for additional functionality now and in the future.
What has not changed from the 2H34
- I/O and basic functionality has been maintained;
- Basic menu structure and operation has been maintained;
- Electrical terminal mapping has not changed allowing existing wiring diagrams to be maintained;
- Compatibility with existing application software back to version 0500 maintained;
- Compatibility with existing uMATRIXwin programming software maintained;
- Modbus RTU network communication protocol maintained Case size 4 has been maintained although the length has been reduced.
- Made in Australia